Notice of Annual General Meeting
August 7, 2021 at 2pm at the West Plaza Hotel, Wellington
Minutes of meeting held at CoNZealand
Matters arising from these minutes
Presentation of Accounts
The presentation of accounts will require a vote of the membership in order to accept the accounts.
- Increase in Membership fee for SFFANZ
The membership fee for SFFANZ has remained constant since the orgainsation’s inception, whilst the costs of running SFFANZ have increased. The treasurer proposes that the membership fee be increased.
Election of Officers
Any member of SFFANZ is eligible to stand for election onto the SFFANZ board. If you would like to put your name forward, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A report on SFFANZ-related events during the year.
If you have any items for general business, please contact us outlining the details of your item. Please email email@example.com
- Relationship between SFFANZ and SFFCONZ
SFFCONZ (Science Fiction & Fantasy Conventions Of New Zealand) has been created as an organisation to support New Zealand conventions and events. It has been specifically created separately from SFFANZ because of previous discussions where the members of SFFANZ did not want SFFANZ to be exposed to possible convention financial liability. So we would like to discuss the kind of relationship we want.
Request for points for discussion, or motions relating to the rules of SFFANZ and the SJVs.
If you wish to bring up any points for discussion, or motions to change the rules of SFFANZ, please do so now. This is particularly important if you wish to change the rules OR comment about the proposed re-formatted rules.
In order to vote at the AGM, membership fees are due before the start of the AGM. We will be taking renewals and new memberships at the one-day con. You can also renew or join by post or email if you cannot attend one-day con. Please contact us if you wish us to send you a joining form.
SFFANZ Proxy Voting
Eligible voters who are not able to be physically present at the SFFANZ AGM may elect to vote by proxy.
You may do this in two ways:
By stating your voting instructions to the meeting chair/returning officer via post, email or in person.
You may nominate a person present at the meeting to act as your proxy.
The following rules hold:
- Only eligible voters may vote by proxy.
- Your choice of proxy must be clear and unambiguous – the chair has the right to reject any which do not meet these criteria. That is, who is going to exercise your vote.
- If you do not specify voting instructions to the holder of your proxy vote, they are entitled to vote as they personally see fit.
- For those NOT attending the convention, notification of proxy can be in writing or by e-mail from an address recognised by SFFANZ as belonging to the eligible voter. Your notification must reach us no later than Thursday, August 5, 2021.
- We suggest that notification by post be earlier and addressed to The SFFANZ President, PO Box 13-574, Johnsonville, Wellington.
- If you are emailing in your proxy notification, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For those attending the convention, notification of the proxy must be lodged with the meeting chair in writing up to, but not after, the commencement of the meeting.